Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Bootcamp Has Officially Begun!



Hey there!

So, as the title suggests, #WLBootcamp has begun! I'm super excited! This is a new challenge for the new me. Hot damn, this is going to happen!

My starting weight is 191.2... and I will NEVER EVER see that number again!

My first weeks challenge? Creating a plan...

My weight loss and fitness goals, and the ways I will reach them. I'm assuming for the week, and the long run too. I have already cut out soda, which is HUGE, because I drank like a 12 pack a day (no f'n lie!) and I have also cut out junk food. Other food goals will have to be figured out, because except for soda and candy, I don't actually eat that poorly. As for exercise... I plan on walking this week, and starting a Couch to 5k program within the next week or 2... maybe 3. My goal is to be able to jog a 5k by May. I want to travel to California to be with my cousin for her birthday and jog in the Color Run with her. I think that is a feasible goal. :-)


4 comments:

  1. HI Becka I'm following you from the SisterHood. Good luck in your journey this year. You've got this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Andy! Thank you! I'm going to try really hard, and I can't wait to do see what we can accomplish as a group, that I could not do alone!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on cutting out soda! How did you do it? I've tried several times & can't seem to make that a habit that stays away for good. If you start now, you should be able to do the Color Run by May. I started running (ok jogging... slowly) in February and thought I was going to die after trying to jog 1 mile. Now I can go the full 5k. I'm still tired at the end, but I don't feel like I'm going to keel over. I'm slow & I don't care. I'm just glad I'm doing it. Good luck on your weight loss & exercise goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly Jennifer, I have to say that I have cheated a little bit. My doctor put me on a medication for migraines called Topamax that makes soda taste nasty as all hell, and also, because it's a migraine med, I don't get the caffeine headache from quitting. That's not why it was prescribed for me though, but it worked out that way.

      Thank you for letting me know that even though I will be slow (extremely) eventually I will get there. :) I'm excited! Congrats on you doing it too!

      Delete