Monday, January 6, 2014

The bane of being forgetful and not so clever....

Who knew that having a blog, even one as small as this, required the smallest bit of cleverness? Ugh! I'm not that clever ya'll, not by a long shot. Apparently I'm also forgetful. Well, I knew this, but you didn't. Now you do. I have a hard time keeping track of things. All kinds of things really. Days, names, dates, stuff to do, when things are due, appointments, and the list goes on and on. I think it has something to do with my ADHD. Probably not though....

For example: I will write a letter and hold on to it for a week or two because I will need to go to the Post Office to get a stamp so I can mail it. I need to get there when they are open, but I work night shifts. I sleep all day, and when I wake up they are closed, so I think "I'll make sure to do it tomorrow, for sure" and it's a cycle that keeps happening. So I bought a book of stamps... and haven't had to write a letter.

Anyway, I can't remember where I was going with that, other than to say I am extremely forgetful. Like, I have been forgetting to do the squat challenge.... remember that challenge I was so proud of?

 
 
Well, I did the first day, then I got busy at work, went home and slept and meant to do it at work again, because I thought that was super smart of me the first time, forgot, then forgot to do it when I got off work, then forgot to do it on Friday when I was off, then the whole weekend just kind of passed me by. Being forgetful sucks. Here's what I'm going to do though! I saw a great idea on Losing It about printing off the challenge and using stickers as you do each day. Maybe that will make me be more successful?
 
If you are wondering why I am prattling on about being so forgetful, it's all my friend's fault over at Adipose Diet. She's not forgetful though, but she made me realize I am (not that I didn't already know lol).
 



5 comments:

  1. Hey ... how is this MY fault! Oh look .... is that a squirrel wearing a fez over there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol in your blog post you said you dropped the ball on the challenge (because of your knee) then I realize that I just fucking forgot about it all together. Although I did do it tonight!

      Delete
    2. And there goes a kitty-cat wearing a bow tie ..... in other words, I did nothing. Well, except for those 30 miles. Whatever.

      Delete
  2. Yup.... adding something new to your routine takes time to catch on. You'll get this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andy, about the time I catch on, the month will be over, and a new challenge will be on ;-) lol but I know I can do this, I just need to freaking do it.

      Delete