Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Time Lapses and the Art of Procrastination

 

If you have ever worked 3rd shift, you know it's not easy. I lose time so often it's not even funny. I'll write a letter, or think that I need to call someone when I wake up for the day, completely forget about it for a week... and then wonder why I don't have something done. I did get a planner, and my friend, Karen from Adipose Diet, helped me fill it, so hopefully that will help some. Why is this important? Because I just lost about 8 days, and I didn't even realize it. I got over being sick on the 20th, and still felt a little puny but went to work. Next thing I know, I'm off for the weekend and we are running around and doing stuff... and now it's Monday again. What did I accomplish? Not a gosh damned thing. I meant to start my Couch to 5k, but it's been so fraking cold! And I do not have the right gear to walk from the house to the car let alone start 5k training... So I've been putting it off and putting it off. I believe I will be joining the gym, so I can run indoors. I just have to make myself go every day (or every other day... not sure yet.)

I've also stopped tracking my calories... I didn't mean to stop, but while I was sick I wasn't eating much of anything and then it just kinda fell to the wayside. I will be starting that again tonight after midnight. I think it's the only thing that has really helped me drop any weight at all. I've also been kinda making the wrong choices... in fact, I have a bag of jalapeño Cheetos in my tote right now that will probably be devoured before I leave work because: 1. I lack will power 2. I'm not smart enough to bring my lunch and 3. I didn't really eat dinner. See? I know I need to make better choices, I just haven't lately.

I will report my weigh in on Wednesday (another thing I forgot to do last week) and see just how detrimental my little side trip into hell has cost me. Hopefully not too much.

See ya soon!

2 comments:

  1. I hope that you are over being sick and can get back on track.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely over being sick, now I just need to get over being lazy.... :(

      Delete