Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Busted....



So I've done my squats, I've walked at least a mile today, and danced erratically like a loon in my kitchen while I made some bomb ass soup. When I was done, I sat impatiently waiting, while said bomb soup cooked and smelled amazing, and I found a Butterfinger in my work bag (don't ask what it was doing there... I don't remember it being there). Well... I was hungry.... so I started munching... and my son turns around and says "Mom! Are you eating candy before dinner?!" Oh the shame.... of course I had already finished it when he caught me, so I couldn't even stop what I was doing.

Well, I logged it, and I moved on. I walked a little longer than I would have and played with the dog, and called it good. I'm not going to let a candy bar get the best of me. But I will say this. I had a very interesting chat with a friend, and I have an addiction to candy. REAL candy. Sugar free won't cut it, won't curb it, won't stop the craving. So I think what I will do, when I'm really craving some candy, is get some fun size candy, instead of the full size (or king size... just saying).

Today was too cold to walk at the cemetery, but I heard tomorrow is supposed to be beautiful. I will see if the hubby will walk with me, but if not, I will go by myself. I need to see what kind of distance we are talking with that trek. :)

See ya'll tomorrow... hopefully the scale won't say 184.2.... I'll even take higher at this point... I'm tired of that number for the last fraking month!

6 comments:

  1. Confession is good for the soul! Good for you for tracking it and moving on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andy! I'm trying to be more honest about what's going on with me.

      Delete
  2. Ahh one butterfinger every now and again isn't bad. But, if you do have that craving, I have an excellent butterfinger protein smoothie recipe I'd be happy to share with you! Tastes just like the real thing but healthier! :D Shoot me an email at skinnygeekwithin@gmail.com or if you are on my Finding the Skinny Geek Within facebook page, it can be found in the "notes" area!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know you had a facebook page! I will be on it straight away lol! And it wouldn't be so bad if it was one every now and then, but I could hit up the vending machine every night.... which is bad. I look forward to the smoothie!

      Delete
  3. At least you're able to recognize that it's there! Maybe start looking into munching on Dove Dark Chocolates? They're way better for you and still hit that sweet tooth everyone is always looking for! I actually find myself munching on whatever's available in my kitchen while I'm whipping up recipes... My biggest pet peeve with myself is when I'm 3 corn tortillas in and haven't even assembled all the enchiladas... It's all about balance and letting it go :) There's not a damn thing we can do about something that's already in our system outside of working hard to burn it off!! So don't add the stress if it's already in your tummy dissolving in acid! :) You're doing an amazing job and you've stuck with the journey :) I'm proud of you even if your scale says otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I haven't had Dove in forever... that's a thought! I think accountability is key to a lot of it, with both exercise and food. And now I want enchiladas lol

      Delete