Thursday, May 22, 2014

Oops! It's been a while

Hey there! Sorry it's been a while, for anyone keeping track, I've had quite a few changes happen in the same week, and I'm trying to get mentally sorted lol.

First of all, I left 3rd shift! I am no longer working as a Patient Care Assistant,  as I had very different views of how patients should be treated. So, I stayed at the same facility but moved to the Dietary department.  In other words, I'm cooking for the patients and serving food. :) I'm already much happier. You would be surprised (or you might not) how boring 3rd shift is. I didn't really feel like I earned my paychecks. Show up, dink around on the interwebs, read, play cards and then you look up and its only 2 am...ugh.... soooo challenging right? Now though? I'm usually helping with lunch, then we work on dinner, there's serving, cooking, cleaning up, and done! The day moves so fast! And I get so much movement in too! I'm happy for the switch. :-)

Second change, because of the shift change, my sleep pattern has been thrown all out of wack. I'm trying to get it wrangled in, but my mind is stubborn (go figure). I'll get there though!
Third change, my husband's stupid dumbshit dog chewed the power cord to my laptop. It will be a while before I can replace it. That's one reason I haven't posted here lately, because doing so from my phone is super tedious. But! I'm doing this for me as much as you, dear friends, so I have to post something ;-).

Yet another change, I've changed my diet. I don't want to go into too much detail, because (again) it's tedious over the phone, but so far, it's awesome! Basically it's low carb, high fat (good fats... not bad ones). And in 3 days, I can already tell a difference. I'm excited to see what the next week brings!
Hopefully I'll see you soon!!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new position! I can hear that happier Becka just reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new position and in the diet change! Hope it works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. With bacon and cheese and more bacon!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to the change in job! It sounds like it's going to be great for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the job change....hope this will be another step in the right direction to making the changes you want to. Good luck with the diet. :)

    ReplyDelete