Monday, September 22, 2014

2 Steps Forward, 1 Step Back

Anyone remember that song? I can't remember the rest, but that is exactly what is going on at the moment. After my last slide (and the one before) I recommitted hardcore, and actually broke my stall, I think. However, while I was at a friends house, circumstances way beyond my control became a great learning experience. 

See, I may have mentioned, I live in Oklahoma. The water from the tap SUCKS here. In my own home, sometimes it smells like bleach, sometimes like sulfur. Always nasty though. So we have filtered water. That's just what you do. So anyway, we go to a friends house, we were running late, so I didn't have a drink with me (I usually take tea). I have also been stricken with allergies for the last few weeks, so my throat is sore and I've been coughing a lot. 

Needless to say, I needed to drink something. I was stuck between a rock and a hard place. Water (so strongly smelling of bleach that I actually checked under the counter to make sure there wasn't a spill) and Pepsi, my arch-nemesis. *SIGH* Ya'll, I went for the Pepsi. We were there for several hours, so I actually had 3 altogether. I'm not proud, but I'm also not trying to make excuses either. It happened, and now I have to move on.

But what that did to me the next day (yesterday) is that it made me crave crap! I ended up not being prepared with my diet, and decided to eat a bunch of crud. Potatoes being the worst of it. I don't know how this will affect me, scale wise, but I am aware of it, and I need to proceed with caution. 

The next few days will be a battle, but I'm prepared to face it. But as I said, I've learned from this experience! No matter what I do, I need to have my own drink with me, that way I won't be stuck in this situation again! Lesson Learned!

I hope you all have a good Monday! Let's crush this week, shall we? Take it, and make it our own!

3 comments:

  1. Aww sorry about the caving with the pepsi. Sounds like it was unavoidable though! Good job getting back on the wagon again though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Desiree! I never know if I should reply to these, because idk who reads the replies... but I always appreciate your understanding and awesomeness!!!

      Delete
  2. I succumbed to the evil Pepsi while on vacation and it definitely leads to many more bad decisions. Tough when that was your only choice (given the icky water wasn't an option). Hope the rest of your week goes well.

    ReplyDelete